Daniel J. Walsh
Dan is a Founder, Partner and the Managing Director at Sterling Point. He’s been the chief architect of the Sterling Point approach and oversees the day-to-day operations of the firm. He has been a serial entrepreneur throughout his career having found, led and organically grown several national tech consulting companies through successful exits. Collectively these companies have served more than 200 of the Fortune 500. He’s also applied his energies to social entrepreneurship as a co-founder and board member of various charitable organizations.
Prior Experience includes:
- Co-Founder, Board Member, President and Executive Director of Team IMPACT (pro bono), a national non-profit improving the quality of life for children facing serious illnesses through the power of team. We match these courageous kids with college athletic teams across the country, where to the greatest extent possible they become an official and integral member of the team. Since its inception in 2011 Team IMPACT has made more than 1700 matches, on over 500 different college campuses across 48 states involving more than 45,000 student athletes.
- Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of The Stowe Group, a 200+ person national ISO 9001:2008 certified Healthcare Consulting company helping large hospitals and integrated delivery networks implement and integrate leading electronic medical systems (Founded in October 2007, Sold to Experis in October 2015)
- C0-Founder, President and CEO of Darwin Partners, a 1300+ person national systems integration firm helping Fortune 500 companies to better leverage people, process and technology across the Healthcare, Financial Services, Telecommunications and High-Tech industries. (Founded in 1988, Sold to Francisco Partners in 2007)
- Prior Board experience also includes Cogentric (QA Software), The Fish House Foundation (Raises money for College Scholarships) Brintnal and Nicolini (Pharmaceutical Market Research and Consulting Firm) The ROSE Fund (Addressing Teen Dating Violence)
- Dan has spoken and presented on a variety of entrepreneurial topics including “Strategic Planning”, “Leadership through Turbulent Times”, and “Architecting Businesses to Scale”, he’s also served as an Adjunct Professor of Entrepreneurship at Williams College.
Dan earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Tufts University, and spends his free time supporting Boston sports teams, skiing, sailing, golfing and travelling.